Human Mind is the aspect of intellect and consciousness experience mixed up of feeling and activities like thought, perception, memory, emotion, will and imagination, involving unconscious cognitive processes. Below some amazing facts about the human minds is given that are indeed very interesting to read and learn about.
- This has been found many a times that people who are good at memorizing things generally have larger than normal hippocampus, as for the case of drivers, who consonantly reach and learn new places have large hippocampus in brain in comparison to other normal beings. It is suggested as much as people learn things as larger would become their hippocampus.
- There are many ideas and aspirations and thoughts about the birth of dreams in our brain as people are divided among two opinions and schools of thought as being the Physiological school and the psychological school, but there any exact reasoning has yet to reach at about the concept why one dreams. According to some researchers dreams do not provide any actual reasoning of their birth. However according to a school of psychological studies this fact has emerged that dreaming is dire necessary for mental, emotional and physical well being
- For the regulation of body temperature it is the Hypothalamus that is responsible for a great extent, it regulates body temperature being like as thermostat. The hypothalamus is being known for keeping body around 37 degree Celsius and if your body accidentally becomes bit hot temperature wise than it is hypothalamus that tell your body to sweat in order to cool it down.
- In our brain daily approximately 85,000 neocortical neurons die each day and is goes unnoticed because of built in redundancies of the human brain. And after there years the entire loss of the neurons sums up to only a 1% total neocortical neurons in brain.
- The weight of Brain has nothing to do with its mental capacity as Albert Einstein’s brain was only 1,230 grams and that was lesser than an average weight of human brain.
- Height affects a human brain in such a great manner in that it makes it to look at things in strange manner and behavior. In many religious examples it is shown that a person on particular height listen or sees something strange as Moses listen a voice coming from a burning bush on Mount Sinai and Muhammad was visited by an angel on Mount Hira. These types of examples were even cited by mountain climbers. At 8,000ft or higher, some mountaineers report perceiving unseen companions, seeing light emanating from themselves or others, seeing a second body like their own, and suddenly feeling emotions such as fear. This hallucination is perceived as due to the result of inference of brain regions being derived of proper oxygen at higher altitudes.
- It may heard bizarre to you, indeed it is 100 percent sure that our brain does not feels pain. As human brain is devoid of the nerves therefore it does not register pain. So a neurosurgeon can probe ones brain even a patient is conscious. This way they can use feedback as received from the patient for his cure on issues like visual or hearing impairment.
Master in Psychology leads a person to a career being as psychologist and in counseling this area as according to the bureau of Labor Statistics has better chances to grow around the rate of 15 percent till and through 2016. The salary for a psychologist varies from educational qualification to educational qualification and professionals with doctoral degree in an applied specialty like as counseling and school psychology has better chances to earn comparatively from a common Psychologist.
Earning as Psychologist:
A psychologist salary for a doctorate level professional ranges more $6,000 to $8,000 more per year for those who are with master’s degree. Master in Psychology with industrial organizational psychology happens to be with better chances of earning. The need for psychologist lies with schools, hospitals, substance abuse clinics, consulting firms and private companies, here is provided basic data for earning capacity for Psychologist.
- Sports Psychologist: $54,000
- Developmental Psychologist:$64,496
- Educational Psychologist:$58,820
- Experimental Psychologist: $56,505
- Neuropsychologist: $79,570
- Social Psychologist: $64,496
- School Psychologist: $63,510
- Industrial-Organizational Psychologist: $80,820
- Forensic Psychologist: $59,732
In order to have this much salary, one needs to attend medical school to become a psychiatrist and have an MD degree. There you would get specialized training in the field of psychiatry in addition to all and other general medical school training. And scope for qualified psychiatrists in increasing day by day in mental health facilities, clinics and hospitals
Earning as Counselor
Other area where a Masters in psychology can work upon is being as counselor and Therapist. As reported from a recent survey the fact has come to the surface that employment chances for a counselor are expected to rose by 21 percent till 2016. However, growth prediction is rated to be highest near 34 percent for counseling in substance abuse and behavioral disorder preceded by educational, vocational and school counselors. The salary estimates for counseling as fro varied designation as follows:
- Mental Health Counselor: $39,450
- Marriage and Family Counselor: $45,310
- Vocational Counselor Salary: $46,415
- Substance Abuse Counselor: $40,540
- Behavioral Disorder Counselor: $40,540
- Rehabilitation Counselor: $35,000
- Clinical Therapist: $35,000
- School Counselor: $46,415
Earning as A social Worker
Another area to work for a Master of Psychology to work in is Social Work that is expected to register the growth of 22 percent through 2016 that is much above the national average. Here are provided basic salary projections for a professional in social work as follows Child Welfare Worker: $34,820; Medical Social Worker: $43,025:
Aging/Gerontology Specialist: $42,780, Psychotherapy Social Worker: $33,920, School Social Worker:$40,000,Medical/ClinicalSocial Worker: $52,509, Development Disabilities Specialist Salary:$55,000. Now you would be considering about getting enrollment in Master is psychology after learning this much career scope for you.
If you are interested in earning a Masters degree in psychology, you no longer have to disrupt your work or family life because there are some online programs that you can enroll in. Psychology is an exciting field that will give you a chance to explore a variety of career options. Unlike a campus based program, you will be able to determine the pace that you want to work at. This is especially important for those who want to get some practical experience while studying.
One of the most important aspects of psychology is communication and the online Masters in Psychology programs have taken this into consideration. You will have the chance to interact with the lecturers and fellow students to make your leaning process easier. This communication takes place through emails, online discussions, research labs that are collaborative and streamed lecture sessions.
The online Masters in Psychology coursework is extensive and includes counseling, psychotherapy and psychology. You will also learn how to carry out advanced research, the analysis of human behavior, addictions, mental illnesses, learning disabilities and thought processes. Online Masters in Psychology will allow you to get into any field of psychology that requires licensing. If you are interested in becoming a mental health counselor, you can specialize in a subfield that includes cognitive therapy, social work, gerontology, research or death and grief therapy.
To work as a mental health researcher, you can enroll for online masters in psychology. This will give you the chance to do a doctorate once you finish your masters. If you want to start your own practice, you will have to get some experience before you can get your license. The license requirements usually vary depending on the state you live in but in general, you will require an internship of about three months to one year. You will also need two years as a practicing psychologist. An exam is usually given before you get a license to work. To enroll for online masters in psychology program, you need to have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution that is accredited.
This is the best time to get your online masters in psychology because there is a great demand for counselors especially those who deal with behavior disorders, substance abuse and rehabilitation. You will have a variety of resources at your disposal including books, university databases and libraries that you can access electronically.